Friday 27 January 2012

Mighty Zeus and my walk to work

I haven't been updating this blog much lately as I have been busy working on The Boy with Two Heads. We are having some problems getting the right image for the front cover, but we are confident that the book will be out by the end of February.

Contemplating imagery from the book, I thought of this picture on my way to work: it is from Karen's Whimsy



Speaking of my walk to work- I thought I might share  it with you:

About to go out of the door
On the way- the views of Skiddaw and the Northern Lake District Fells are often amazing, but barely visible today

Nearly there! We built this solid wooden cabin in that very hot summer we had a few years ago



Nearly at my desk!

And as I sit at my desk in my cosy office, a stone's throw across the
garden, I realise how lucky I am: the walk to work may not give me much exercise, but the views of the garden, the fells, the birds and the snowdrops just beginning to show, lift the heart and the spirits. And I love my work!

Head Office. The dark green board came from my first workshop in Wigton, and the new cream sign was a Christmas present from my daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment